This page is the most up to date snapshot of what I am working on, since the site rarely reflects real-time.
I am currently in: Oaxaca, Mexico for the winter.
I’ll be heading to Los Angeles, Montreal, London and Lisbon during the next 6 months.
Some Updates Here At Legal Nomads:
- As a celiac, it’s been a challenge to travel and eat safely, even though I love to learn through food. While the main purpose of the site is narrative-based writing, I’ve started building very detailed gluten-free translation cards, as well as guides for those seeking to travel. The guides are free, but cards are available for purchase, to help offset the cost of translating and building them. These cards are different because they account for cross-contamination, are researched by a celiac, use local food names, and are translated by native speakers.
- If you’re hungry, I’ve been feeding readers coming through Oaxaca via street food crawl around the city. You can learn more on my Food Walks page. These include market visits, mezcal, and many great tacos!
- I’ve revamped and updated my travel resources page, now at 12,000 words. Newly added: budgets for travel to Africa, Cuba, and much of Southeast Asia. New packing lists. Updated first aid kits. Likes for solo female travelers. I hope it’s useful!
- Adding new profiles of my favorite chefs and street stall vendors here in Oaxaca. First up: a Mexican couple with Italian ancestry, who opened a pizza spot here in Oaxaca.
- Working with others who have dealt with chronic pain, and still want to travel. I am honoured that my piece about learning to cope with chronic pain has led to such great, open-hearted conversations with others who are going through the same thing.
- Answering reader emails, which I always do myself.
- Building a writing workshop that I will run for people who want to work on storytelling and writing in an interconnected, online world. You can learn more and sign up for updates here.
Connect with me:
Last update for this page: March 9, 2017
Thanks to Derek for /now inspiration.