Hey! So glad you want to get in touch. Please read below before you do. It’ll save us both a headache.
I receive many emails, and I try to respond to all of them personally. I don’t have an assistant who replies to emails on my behalf. I want to be available to readers “as” me, and I have really enjoyed hearing their stories and experiences during my many years of travel.
Before you email me, please read through my guidelines below. If you’re still unsure, my About Page gives more information.
I ran this site for many years without contact guidelines, but due to the volume of emails I wanted to give a bit more guidance. This will help ensure you receive a useful reply, and will streamline getting back to you more easily.
- I welcome travel questions but before you send them, please take a look at my World Travel Resources page, my Resources for Digital Nomads and Location Independent Entrepreneurs, the post Practical Tips from 4 Years of Travel, and my FAQs from 6 Years of Travel prior to sending off your email. You might find your answer there and not need me after all!
- For food-related questions, see my Resources for Food Travelers page or my book, The Food Traveler’s Handbook, or if street food is your jam, take a look at my popular post, How to Eat Street Food Without Getting Sick.
- I am a celiac. I get many food-related pitches for products that are wheat-filled. Please don’t write me if you want me to test your gluten-filled shiny new product that revolutionizes the way we eat. I can’t.
- I don’t cover news or want to interview your shiny celebrity.
- If you are a lawyer doing something interesting, however, you may be a great fit for my Thrillable Hours series about alternative careers for lawyers – contact away!
The best way to reach me is via email using the form below.
For press / interviews I’ve done in the past, please see my Press/PR page.