Welcome to the Legal Nomads newsletter.
Instead of updating readers about where I’ve been since the last missive, I share some of the best reading from the prior month. So I decided to call it “Links I Loved”, since it was more than simply travel.
These links include long form, thought provoking reading from around the web, beautiful photoessays, and quirky blog posts from travelers and thinkers around the world.
A little about what I’ve got going on, before your next newsletter arrives:
Typographic Food Maps
If you love food, travel, and art like I do, check out my hand-drawn food maps! There will be 10 of these in total, and next up is Japan.
Food and Travel Writing
If you’re new to Legal Nomads you might want to check out my Best Articles page, divided into the topic like food and travel and personal stories.
I should warn you though.. there’s QUITE a bit of soup here.
Some of the pieces on Legal Nomads that I’m particularly fond of:
- 8 Years of Legal Nomads
- Silence & Spiders: My Experience at a 10-day Vipassana Meditation Course
- World Travel Resources (12,000 words and counting of tips!)
- Why Do We Get Jet Lag & My Tips for Minimizing the Pain
- The Saigon Street Food Guide
- Northern India: The Good, the Great, & the Ugly
- Revisiting the Solo Female Travel Experience
- Practical Tips from 4 Years of Traveling the World
- Why I Quit My Job to Travel Around the World
- On Homesickness and Long-Term Travel
- A List of Books That May Change Your Life
- On Taking Risks, Passion and Finding Your Path in Life
- My Safety Whistle: Worth its Weight in Gold
- Why I Love my Burmese Longyi
Gluten Free Guides and Celiac Translation Cards:
If you have celiac disease like I do, you might want to check out my gluten free translation guides here.
A Little About Me:
For more about me, check out the About Page, but here’s the short version.
In 2008, I quit my job as a lawyer for what I thought would be a one-year trip around the world.
Many years later it is now my primary business and has led to a book about food, fun public speaking opportunities, and a chance to meet readers and travelers around the world and learn from them in the process.
If you signed up because you love interesting reading, check out some of my favorite curators:
If you stumbled on this page and want to join the newsletter, you can sign up here.
You can connect on social media below: