1. The materials contained on LegalNomads.com are provided “as is” for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice. The information shall not be relied upon as such and LegalNomads.com makes no warranties, express or implied, about the content on this site. LegalNomads.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
2. Jodi Ettenberg (hereinafter “Ettenberg”) is the owner of all intellectual property and materials published rights throughout the site. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
3. All images appearing on the LegalNomads.com web site are the exclusive property of Ettenberg and protected under international copyright laws. Legal Nomads® and Thrillable Hours® are registered trademarks of Jodi Ettenberg. The images on this site, or the subdomain of the Legal Nomads shop (shop.legalnomads.com) may not be reproduced, modified, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Jodi Ettenberg, except as permitted under the doctrine of fair use.
5. No materials contained on LegalNomads.com can be downloaded or used for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Ettenberg. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and LegalNomads.com is under no obligation to update such material, but will use reasonable efforts to ensure that information is updated, accurate and relevant.
6. NOT MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE. Ettenberg is not, nor is she portaying herself out to be a doctor/physician, nurse, physician’s assistant, advanced practice nurse, or any other medical professional (“Medical Provider”), psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, counselor, or social worker (“Mental Health Provider”), registered dietician or licensed nutritionist. As a chronically ill patient providing educational information to help others, Ettenberg is not providing health care, medical or nutritional therapy services, or attempting to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any physical, mental or emotional issue, disease or condition. The information provided via LegalNomads.com is not intended to be a substitute for the professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by your own Medical Provider or Mental Health Provider. You agree and acknowledge that LegalNomads.com is not providing medical advice, mental health advice, or diagnostic advice in any way. Always seek the advice of your own Medical Provider and/or Mental Health Provider regarding any questions or concerns you have about your specific health or any medications, herbs or supplements you are currently taking, and before implementing any recommendations or suggestions found on LegalNomads.com. Do not disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical advice because of information you have read on Legal Nomads or received from me. Do not start or stop taking any medications without speaking to your own Medical Provider or Mental Health Provider. If you suspect that you have a medical or mental health problem, contact your own Medical Provider or Mental Health Provider promptly.
7. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. You accept full responsibility for the consequences of your use, or non-use, of any information provided, and you agree to use your own judgment and due diligence before implementing any idea, suggestion or recommendation from Ettenberg or LegalNomads.com to your life, family or business.
8. NO GUARANTEES; RISKS. You fully agree that there are no guarantees as to the specific outcome or results you can expect from using the information you receive from via LegalNomads. You understand that suggestions or recommendations made are taken at your own risk, and you agree to absolve Ettenberg of any liability or loss that you or any other person may incur from use of the information, products or materials that you request or receive through me or on Legal Nomads. The material displayed on LegalNomads.com is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: (a) loss of revenue or income; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of data; (e) loss of goodwill.
9. LegalNomads.com will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by virus attack to LegalNomads.com or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
10. Where LegalNomads.com contains outbound links to other third party websites, these are intended for information only. LegalNomads.com has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of them.
LegalNomads.com is owned and operated by Jodi Ettenberg. If you have any concerns about material that appears on this site please contact me via the contact page.
Amazon Affiliates Disclosure
LegalNomads.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. This means that whenever you buy a product on Amazon from a link on LegalNomads.com, I receive a percentage of its price as a commission. This helps pay for the hosting and other fees associated with running LegalNomads.com as an ad-free space, and is greatly appreciated!
Jodi Ettenberg is the owner and operator of LegalNomads.com (the “Site”), and as an internet-based business, respects and recognizes the importance of your privacy rights.
This policy explains how we collect, use, retain and disclose the personal information that you provide us through the Site or our affiliate websites, or through the course of our other business dealings with you.
In addition, please note that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected, and in other countries including Canada and/or the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than other countries.
“Personal Information” for the purposes of privacy law is information about an identifiable individual, such as their name, address, telephone number and email address. Personal Information does not include aggregated information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, or other non-personally identifiable information.
What happens to your information?
When you purchase something from the Site’s store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. If you are interested in subscribing to a Site newsletter (e.g. Links I Loved or Jodi Eats), we will collect your name and email address.
In addition, we may also collect search queries that are typed into the Site’s search engine and retain them in anonymous form.
How do we collect, use, protect and disclose your Personal Information?
The Site requires your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions in law.
Collection: We typically collect your Personal Information when you subscribe to our newsletters or submit an inquiry through the “Contact Me” form on the Site. If you are one of our business partners, we may also obtain Personal Information about you from other sources, e.g., from your business partners or other individuals within your company, or third party representatives or government agencies.
- On the Site: We may use your Personal Information to send you our monthly newsletters; to conduct or administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated; respond to inquiries that you make through the Site; to receive feedback and make improvements to the Site; and to maintain a database of client information. In accordance with applicable anti-spam laws, we will only use your Personal Information for marketing purposes with your prior consent. If you subscribed to one of the Site’s newsletters and no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in our emails. If you have any questions or concerns about your unsubscribe request, you may contact Jodi via the contact page.
- On Shopify: The Site’s store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. f you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Privacy Statement here.
Protection: The Site has a number of policies and procedures in place to protect your Personal Information, including physical procedures such as locks; administrative procedures such as contractual obligations by our third parties who may manage your Personal Information; and technological safeguards including the use of passwords, secured servers, subscriptions with website monitoring and security firms, and firewalls. Only individuals who are involved in the administration of our operations have access to your Personal Information and they have been provided with the requisite training on our Privacy Policies. Despite our best efforts, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. In that respect, you hereby acknowledge and accept the potential risk of inadvertent disclosure due to any such disclosure beyond our reasonable control. In addition, please note some of our service providers may be located in countries where authorized government officials may lawfully be able to access your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent pursuant to the laws of such countries.
Privacy of Minors
The Site recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Site is not intended for children under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
Questions or corrections
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact the Site here.